Position Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Reports to: Lab Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Position Summary: The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Responsible for operation of the laboratory.
Essential Functions: In order to accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function of the position to a satisfactory degree. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions of this position include:
• Perform technical laboratory functions including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, immunology and microbiology.
• Report test results following clinic protocols alerting providers and/or nurses about critical results.
• Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
• Comply with all laboratory policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
• Ensure all quality control protocol are being followed as outlined in Lakeview Clinic, LTD policies and procedures.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance.
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
• Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
• Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
• Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
• Medical laboratory experience preferred
Certification and Licensure:
• MLT, ASCP, CPT or AMT certification required
• Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
• Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
• Frequent exposure to bodily fluids
• Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a laboratory and medical office environment
• May wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves or a mask
• Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public
• Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
• Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
• Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy and fax machine and phone
Lakeview Clinic is looking for a Front Office/ Receptionist Supervisor to join our team. This person will be responsible for the following:
Supervise the front office staff at our 4 locations in Waconia, Chaska, Norwood, and Watertown. Waconia is main location.
Creating the front office staff work schedule.
Doing yearly reviews for front office staff.
Interview new hires for the depatment.
Manage all the providers schedules in the Allscripts PM system and supervising the scheduling and registration of patients.
Strong general office and organizational skills for this position. Detail oriented, strong computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Prior experience in a supervisory role required.
Healthcare Administration experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Full Time opening for a experienced medical coder. Requires working knowledge of CPT and ICD 10 Coding.
Lakeview Clinic is looking for a full time receptionist for our Waconia location.
You will provide support to the department/site ensuring quality service through timely and courteous assistance. Support front desk duties and check-in responsibilities. Answer calls in a timely, pleasant and professional manner, schedule appointments according to provider rules and guidelines, confer with patient to obtain and confirm pertinent billing and demographic information, accurately enter patient information into system.
High School education or equivalent, 1-year related experience and basic computer skills preferred. Medical Receptionist experience preferred. Strong verbal and written communication, human relations sensitivity, listening and telephone etiquette skills, ability to promote and maintain good patient relations and patient confidentiality.
Applications are being accepted at this time and kept on file for any future openings. Applications may be printed from this page and mailed to our Waconia office or emailed along with your resume to: email@example.com Or call 952 442-4461 ext. 7215 to receive an application by mail or fax.