Position Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Reports to: Lab Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Position Summary: The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Responsible for operation of the laboratory.
Essential Functions: In order to accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function of the position to a satisfactory degree. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions of this position include:
• Perform technical laboratory functions including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, immunology and microbiology.
• Report test results following clinic protocols alerting providers and/or nurses about critical results.
• Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
• Comply with all laboratory policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
• Ensure all quality control protocol are being followed as outlined in Lakeview Clinic, LTD policies and procedures.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance.
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
• Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
• Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
• Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
• Medical laboratory experience preferred
Certification and Licensure:
• MLT, ASCP, CPT or AMT certification required
• Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
• Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
• Frequent exposure to bodily fluids
• Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a laboratory and medical office environment
• May wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves or a mask
• Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public
• Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
• Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
• Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy and fax machine and phone
Full Time opening for a experienced medical coder. Requires working knowledge of CPT and ICD 10 Coding.
Lakeview Clinic, Ltd. Job Description
Lakeview Clinic, Ltd. is searching for a dedicated leader to serve as the supervisor of our imaging department. This position would lead, direct, and manage the day-to-day operations of all modalities (listed below) within our imaging department at all four locations. Lakeview Clinic a fast-paced, team-oriented, patient-first organization that strives for continuous growth. The radiology supervisor should be ARRT registered.
Position Title: Radiology Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Waconia, float to satellites
Travel: Up to 10% between clinic locations
Positions Supervised: Diagnostic Radiology; Xray, DEXA (Bone Density), CT, MRI, Mammography and Radiology Reception
Overview: The Radiology Supervisor provides general oversight of clinical imaging services provided to Lakeview Clinic patients. They are primarily responsible for direct oversight of radiologic technologists (RT), xray technicians, medical assistants (xray certified), and radiology receptionists. They will oversee the operations pertaining to Lakeview Clinic’s Xray, DEXA, CT, MRI, and Mammography modalities as well as reception duties of the department.
• Provide supervision to technical imaging staff/support staff in Xray, DEXA (Bone Density), CT, MRI, Mammography, and radiology reception.
• Responsible for the planning, development, implementation of policies, procedures and systems of the department to contribute to meeting the mission and vision of the practice.
• Accomplishes radiology human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to departmental/organizational policies and procedures.
• Creation of staff scheduling and managing employee time off requests. Providing adequate staffing in lieu of vacations.
• Maintain the requirements of the American College of Radiology, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
• Meets radiology operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patient-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
• Be able to analyze departmental financial/performance data, identify areas of success, and provide suggestion for areas of improvement.
• Meet radiology financial standards by monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; recommending corrective actions.
• Scheduling equipment maintenance and ordering departmental supplies.
• Responsible to function as a technologist in areas of licensure as needed.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Other duties as assigned by upper management.
• Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program.
• Supervisory/Management Experience in a diagnostic Radiology setting.
• Business Management experience.
• Proven experience with implementing organizational change and setting performance measurements.
• Computer knowledge or experience with EMR and PACS.
• Maintain American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) qualifications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
• Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
• Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients, and other members of the public.
• Work around magnetic and radiation producing equipment.
• Periods of sitting, standing, reaching, bending and stooping.
• Able to lift up to 50lbs. with assistance if needed.
• Frequent use of phone, computer keyboard, copy and fax machines.
Applications are being accepted at this time and kept on file for any future openings. Applications may be printed from this page and mailed to our Waconia office or emailed along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or call 952 442-4461 ext. 7215 to receive an application by mail or fax.