Position Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Reports to: Lab Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Position Summary: The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Responsible for operation of the laboratory.
Essential Functions: In order to accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function of the position to a satisfactory degree. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions of this position include:
• Perform technical laboratory functions including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, immunology and microbiology.
• Report test results following clinic protocols alerting providers and/or nurses about critical results.
• Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
• Comply with all laboratory policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
• Ensure all quality control protocol are being followed as outlined in Lakeview Clinic, LTD policies and procedures.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance.
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
• Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
• Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
• Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
• Medical laboratory experience preferred
Certification and Licensure:
• MLT, ASCP, CPT or AMT certification required
• Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
• Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
• Frequent exposure to bodily fluids
• Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a laboratory and medical office environment
• May wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves or a mask
• Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public
• Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
• Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
• Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy and fax machine and phone
Lakeview is a busy, fast paced clinic looking for a full-time receptionist who is professional, caring and able to multi-task.
The receptionist is responsible for a variety of patients care including but not limited to:
– Checking in patients in a supportive and polite manner
– Scheduling appointments according to providers and guidelines
– Verifying insurance billing and demographic information
– Support the department ensuring quality and helpful services
– Answering calls in a timely, pleasant and professional manner
– Collecting co-payments
– General office work
High school education or equivalent
1 year related experience
Basic Computer skills
Medical Receptionist experience is preferred
Strong Verbal and written communication
Telephone etiquette skills
Ability to promote and maintain good patients relations and patient confidentiality
Certified Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse
(Ability to travel to satellite locations to provide coverage Norwood, MN, Watertown, MN, Waconia, MN)
Job Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: Clinic hours of operation are Monday – Friday; 8:00AM – 5:00PM and Saturdays from 8:00AM -12:00PM. This position is required to cover the hours during the week along with a Saturday rotation.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
· Assist in the care of a variety of patients.
· Provides nursing care to primarily patients under the direct supervision of the Nursing Supervisor and physician or provider.
· Rooms patients, assists with procedures, refills prescriptions, assists with laboratory skills, provides phone triage, and other duties as assigned by management.
· Possesses excellent communication skills, and maintains a high level of customer service in their care delivery.
· Provides coverage when needed dependent upon patient load and staffing at our satellite locations in Norwood, MN, Watertown, MN, and Chaska, MN.
· May works along-side other specialty physicians as needed to provide high quality care to all Lakeview Clinic’s patients.
· Collects data through observation and communicates information to assist the physician/APP in patient assessment and care planning.
· Abides by the policies and procedures set forth by Lakeview Clinic, Ltd.
· Graduation from a Medical Assisting Program or School of Practical Nursing.
· Current LPN Licensure or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
· One (1) year of LPN or MA experience working in an applicable setting is required.
· Experience in a medical setting working in a team environment.
· Experience working with an electronic medical record.
· Excellent Customer service skills
· Ability to adapt to work scenarios
· Flexibility with schedule
· Some computer skills required.
•Maintains BLS (Basic Life Support) for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs:
1. American Heart Association
2. American Red Cross
•Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Applications are being accepted at this time and kept on file for any future openings. Applications may be printed from this page and mailed to our Waconia office or emailed along with your resume to: email@example.com Or call 952 442-4461 ext. 7215 to receive an application by mail or fax.