Overview: The Optometric Assistant/Optician will be primarily responsible for providing high quality, patient-focused eye care while assisting in the additional daily responsibilities of operating the eye practice.
Essential Functions: In order to accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations, each essential function of the position to a satisfactory degree. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist doctors during clinic times by taking patient health histories and perform pretests requested by the doctors.
• Prep exam rooms for clinic and close down rooms after clinic. Follow established infection control protocols.
• Optical duties as assigned including but not limited to frame selections, ophthalmic lens ordering, frame ordering, glasses adjustments, dispensing glasses, dispensing contacts, repairing glasses, verifying glasses and frame orders, and notifying patients when product is available.
• Perform front desk duties included but not limited to answering phones, greeting patients, checking in patients, prepping charts, filing
• Contact lens responsibilities including patient contact lens orders, verifying contact lens orders, ordering contact lens trials, and I & R classes. May advise patients on how to use and maintain contact lenses.
• Responsible for ordering medical supplies, eye drops used during patient visits, sample prescription drops, office supplies, optical tools, and optical supplies as needed.
• Other administrative duties including but not limited to sending recalls and cleaning the office.
• Meet with frame vendors to maintain frame inventory and ensure product is being rotated out. Reorder frames on a weekly basis to replenish product sold. Conduct frame inventory on quarterly basis and abide to Frame Board Management Plan.
• Administer minor accounts receivable functions in the optical shop including billing for product and services, entering payments from patients, reconciling daily monies received.
• Administer minor accounts payable duties including but not limited to reconciling monthly statements with invoices, tracking of pending credits, verifying frame orders received match frame rep written order.
• Resolve escalated patient situations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Customer Service-Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patient and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following Lakeview policies and procedures.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
• Interpret and dispense optical prescriptions
• Lensometry knowledge
• Basic bookkeeping skills
• Confidentiality-Maintain patient, staff and employee confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Detail Oriented-Ability to pay attention to details of a procedure or task.
• Flexibility-Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
• Positivity-Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
• Teamwork-Work as a part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
• Working under pressure-Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Three years related optical experience or customer service experience
• ABO and NCLE certification beneficial but not required
• Environmentally controlled optical department within a multispecialty medical practice.
• Occasionally high pressure or emergent situations in a fast-paced environment.
• Exposure to bodily fluids.
• May wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves and mask, face shields, and eye protection.
• Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients and other members of the public.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending, stooping, lifting up to 25lbs., carrying and speaking.
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed.
• Frequent use of computer, keyboard, phone, copy and fax machines.
Position Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Reports to: Lab Manager
Job Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Position Summary: The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Responsible for operation of the laboratory.
Essential Functions: In order to accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function of the position to a satisfactory degree. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential functions of this position include:
• Perform technical laboratory functions including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, immunology and microbiology.
• Report test results following clinic protocols alerting providers and/or nurses about critical results.
• Ensure quality control in collecting specimens, ensure appropriate sampling and maintain accurate record keeping.
• Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies. Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
• Comply with all laboratory policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
• Ensure all quality control protocol are being followed as outlined in Lakeview Clinic, LTD policies and procedures.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical laboratory equipment uses and maintenance.
• Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer and electronic medical record.
• Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
• Customer Service Oriented – Friendly, cheerful and helpful to patients and others. Ability to meet patients and others needs while following office policies and procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
• Positivity – Display a positive attitude and is a positive agent for change.
• Teamwork – Work as part of a team and collaborate with co-workers.
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
• Medical laboratory experience preferred
Certification and Licensure:
• MLT, ASCP, CPT or AMT certification required
• Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
• Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
• Frequent exposure to bodily fluids
• Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a laboratory and medical office environment
• May wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves or a mask
• Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members, providers, patients, insurance companies and other members of the public
• Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
• Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
• Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
• Frequent use of computer, keyboard, copy and fax machine and phone
Lakeview is a busy, fast paced clinic looking for a full-time receptionist who is professional, caring and able to multi-task.
The receptionist is responsible for a variety of patients care including but not limited to:
– Checking in patients in a supportive and polite manner
– Scheduling appointments according to providers and guidelines
– Verifying insurance billing and demographic information
– Support the department ensuring quality and helpful services
– Answering calls in a timely, pleasant and professional manner
– Collecting co-payments
– General office work
High school education or equivalent
1 year related experience
Basic Computer skills
Medical Receptionist experience is preferred
Strong Verbal and written communication
Telephone etiquette skills
Ability to promote and maintain good patients relations and patient confidentiality
Applications are being accepted at this time and kept on file for any future openings. Applications may be printed from this page and mailed to our Waconia office or emailed along with your resume to: email@example.com Or call 952 442-4461 ext. 7215 to receive an application by mail or fax.